The Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS –www.feps-europe.eu) is currently looking for an Office Coordinator.
The successful candidate is to join the FEPS Team based in Brussels as soon as possible (cf. selection timetable below).
FEPS is the leading think tank of the European centre left political family. It works with almost 50 Member political Foundations and think tanks across Europe. It embodies a new way of thinking on the social democratic, socialist and progressive scene in Europe. It seeks to serve as a platform for innovative research, policy advice, training and debates to tackle the long- and short-term challenges that Europe and European integration faces today. It strives for more and better-quality democracy in Europe
To do so, it forges connections and coherence among stakeholders from local, regional, national, European and global levels, and fosters dialogue of between diverse stakeholders from the world of politics, academia and civil society.
FEPS’ work is in most cases carried out in the form of projects with its Members and partners. The outputs of said projects feed into the work of the broader progressive family – starting with the Party of European Socialists (PES), the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (S&D), their constituents and Member parties, as well as in the broader public debate.
Under the authority of FEPS’ Secretary General, FEPS’ Office Coordinator reports to FEPS’ Director of Operations.
Mission of the role:
The mission of the role Office Coordinator at FEPS is to ensure a warm welcome to visitors & workers of the FEPS premises, to keep that premises pleasant & running smoothly, and to support the office through various activities of an administrative and logistical nature.
– Maintain, control access to and ensure logistical administration of FEPS’ office with particular attention given to security, health and hygiene
– Coordinate all office administrative matters (e.g. equipment, provision of stationary supply, office budget preparation)
– Provide logistical support (both off- and online) to project teams for project related events as well asfor institutional high-profile public events and meetings
– Organise team-wide cultural events to involve staff in entertainment activities
– Maintain assigned shared calendars, contact databases and institutional mailing lists up to date
– Manage FEPS’ main phone landline, email address as well as institutional correspondence
– Provide administrative support and perform various clerical tasks
– Provide assistance to the Secretary General as needed
– Participate in the standardisation and continuous improvement of office policies and procedures
– Any other tasks related to the area of work as requested
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
– Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
– BSc/BA or specialized degree in business management or a relevant field preferred
– English and French working proficiency. Any additional European language will be considered an asset
– Computer literacy including outstanding knowledge of MS Office 365 and Zoom. Any additional software knowledge is an asset
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
– Problem-solving and basic troubleshooting skills
– Self-starter with a versatile “can-do” approach
– Ability to implement procedures in a fast-paced and evolving environment
– Keen attention to detail
– Enthusiastic and passionate team player
– Experience with customer service will be considered an asset
The position is to be filled out by mid February.
The duration of the contract is determinate: 6 months and renewable.
The salary – which is paid on a 13,9 months per year basis – will be discussed depending on experience and qualifications. It is part of a generous remuneration package (including benefits such as: a complementary pension scheme, DKV hospitalization insurance, public transport compensation, a professional phone including the right to use it for private purposes or ecocheques).
The workplace will be Brussels (Belgium):applicants must be able to work and reside in Belgium.
As FEPS is registered in Belgium, the contract will be under Belgian law.
Applications’ composition and deadline:
Please send your application via email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org Thursday the 4th of February 2021 at 17:00 CET.
The title of your application email should follow thisnaming convention:“NAME_Surname_Application_FEPS Office Coordinator”.
The application should contain:
·A cover letter (maximum 2 pages)
·A detailed CV (Europass format)
·The name of 2 referees with the related contact details
Applications not respecting the instructions for completing and submitting the application will not be considered.
The selection timetable will be the following:
·Deadline for submission of complete applications: 04.02.2021 17:00 CET
·Eligibility check and first assessment of written applications
ðThis will result in a shortlist of no more than 10 candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step. Candidates preselected at this stage will be requested to provide a Criminal Record Extract (i.e. “Certificat de Bonne Vie et Moeurs” in Belgium) as well as a transcript of the highest degree obtained
·First round of online interviews of candidates with a minima FEPS Director of Operations and FEPS’ staff Trust Person followed by short written test will take place between 09.02.2021 and 11.02.2021
ðThis will result in a shortlist of no more than 3-4 candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step
·Second interview of shortlisted candidates with FEPS Secretary General will take place between 12.02.2021 and 15.02.2021
·Communication of the final results to candidates: 16.02.2021
In the course of the entire selection procedure, FEPS is absolutely committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We value diversity and lived experience, and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential. The equality opportunity principle encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, origins or disabilities.
Leaders Must Choose a Just Energy Transition and a Social Europe
by Euractiv 30/05/2022
The circular economy and green jobs
by ENCOMPASS 25/05/2022
Da Prodi a Rodrigues, domani al via la ’Terza conferenza sul futuro dell’Europa’
by La Nazione 25/05/2022
Visioni e strategie per disegnare il futuro europeo
by La Nazione 23/05/2022
you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent. Read MoreREJECTACCEPTCookie settings