Enrique BARÓN CRESPO
Former President of the European Parliament
- Born in Madrid, 1944. He speaks seven European languages.
- Former President of the European Parliament (1989-92), President the Socialist and Democrats in the EP (1999-2004), Member of the European Parliament (1986-2008),Former Chairman to the
- Foreign Affairs Committee and to the International Trade Committee of the EP
- Former Minister of the Spanish Government which adhered to the EC (1982-85)
- Former Member of the Spanish National Parliament( 1977-87), Father of the Spanish Constitution
- Chair Jean Monnet “ad honorem”, visiting Professor in Universities all over the World
- Lawyer and Economist. P.H.D. in Law and Economics ( Universidad Complutense, ICADE – Madrid ) & Diplômé Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC)
- Human Rights Lawyer under Franco’s Dictatorship
- Author. Most recent books: “Europe at the dawn of the millennium” ;” Europa, Pasión y Razón; a handbook on “The Treaty of Lisbon & Charter of Fundamental Rights” (published in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Rumanian); “Más Europa Unida, ¡Unida!”, “Memoirs” and “La Era del federalismo”.
- Former President of the “Former Members Association of the European Parliament”, President of Honour of the “International Yehudi Menuhin Foundation”, Former Vice-President of the Istituto Internazionale per l’Opera e la Poesia di Verona-UNESCO, member of the Fundación Dalí and of the Board of Trustees of Friends of Europe and Notre Europe.
Find all publications by Enrique BARÓN CRESPO
Find all Progressive Post by Europe and the war in Ukraine
Find all audiovisual with Enrique BARÓN CRESPO